Today, Politics as usual has failed us time and time again—but when our communities unite around a courageous, progressive agenda, no obstacle can stand in our way. The 2020 primary …
Represent the People who Live in the 5th District
- I will listen to and represent the interests of communities in the 5th district fully and transparently.
- I will work with the people of the 5th district to attract development that strengthens our communities.
- I will work closely with the many strong community associations and civic groups in the 5th District to ensure maximum communication and collaboration.
Deliver Effective City Services
- I will prioritize improvements to local infrastructure, including crumbling roads, the outdated sanitation system, and inadequate public transportation.
- I will work to increase the number of sheltered bus stops.
- I will respond quickly to pressing community needs, calling upon city agencies not only to address immediate problems, but to design routine service and maintenance plans for our district.
Grow Jobs, the Best Crime Prevention Solution
- Having experienced incarceration and as the founder of a successful jobs program for those coming home from prison, I know that nothing stops a bullet like a job.
- I will bring training programs that connect graduates to jobs into the district.
- I will leverage the Justice Reinvestment Act’s “Opportunity Compacts,” which reduce prison stays for those convicted of non-violent offenses and invests savings in recovery services, job training, and employment.
Educate Our Children
- I will join district residents and public officials demanding full funding for Baltimore City Schools and adoption of the Kirwan Commission’s recommendations, a once in a lifetime chance to bring our schools up to the standard of excellence our children deserve.
- I will work to broaden the base of activists for public education in the 5th District and equip each of us with the tools and information to successfully advocate for our schools.